The CRI-1 is specifically designed to allow the integration of a wide range of commercial radio equipment into an aircraft audio system. The CRI-1 provides microphone bias, relay keying and sidetone generation. It also provides adjustable microphone and audio outputs that are isolated from airframe ground. A wide range of radio microphone inputs can be accommodated through the appropriate selection of a resistor impedance network.
The CRI-1 is CASA APMA and STC approved for installation into the Eurocopter AS 355F1 Series. For limitations and conditions please refer to STC ASA096SY.
- All microphone and audio inputs and outputs are transformer isolated to minimise earth loop induced noise and have a 2kV breakdown voltage
- May be operated in either a 14VDC or 28VDC electrical system
- Dual keying relay contacts, (NO-NC-C), provide radio keying, microphone switching etc.
- Pins are allocated on the mating connector for external matching/attenuator network for specific microphone impedance matching requirements
- Pins allocated to add an external speaker load resistor
- Accommodates a wide range of radio input levels and impedances
- 600 and 150ohm outputs up to 0dbm are provided
- Designed to meet ARINC audio output (3 standard aircraft headsets direct)
Height: 30 mm (1.18 inches) Temperature: -40 to +50 Degrees C (operating)
Depth: 71 mm (2.79 inches) Altitude: 15,000 ft max.
Width: 115 mm (4.53 inches) Humidity: 95% non-condensing
Weight: 230 g (0.5 lb) Mounting:
Voltage: +14VDC or +28VDC (pin selectable)
Current: 60mAmps Max
Level: 3 volts RMS into 50 Ohm
Impedance: >50 Ohm
Level: +8 dbm (adjustable)
Impedance: 600 Ohm and 150 Ohm (Note: other impedances can be achieved using external resistor networks – Refer to installation section)
Frequency Range: 300 Hz to 6 kHz